Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for trainers - Pokemon Nation

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Pokemon Green and Red? 2589652645 Welcome to Pokemon Nation! Pokemon Green and Red? 2589652645
Enjoy the site! Very Happy
Februarys Pokemon of the month is
Pokemon Green and Red? 854255221 Squirtle Pokemon Green and Red? 854255221
Make sure to vote for
the next Pokemon of the month!
PN: Poke Rumble Tournament Champion Is.
Poke Rumble Champion Blue!
Congratulation Blue on your win!
Thank you all for participating, Pls join on our next tournament!

Pokemon Green and Red?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite
Aer Dragneel

Pokemon Green and Red? Hwcms3

Pokemon Green and Red? Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Green and Red?   Pokemon Green and Red? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:36 am

Everyone knows about the infamous Missingno and the Lavender town theme. But what about cubone and kangaskan. Before I start into missingno and lavender town lets look at this.

Baby Kangaskhan and a cubone:
Pokemon Green and Red? Cubone_kangaskhan

Next lets look at all of them:

Pokemon Green and Red? Cubone__Baby_Kangaskhan_by_CrazyWackyBonkerz

Any resemble noticeable?

Yes.

In the first Red and Green, before release, it was most likely possible that nintendo had Cubone, Marowak, and kangaskhan as an evolution chain. But as a last minute change, nintendo removed it and there has a spot where no pokemon were to appear. That is the coastline of Cinnabar.

That is where the infamous Missingno appears when a glitch is activated. Yes actually not just missingno. This can be a place to activate glitches to obtain any pokemon. But this is (I believe) just in the original Red and Green. Another funny "coincidence" is that missingno evolves into kangaskhan...

Hmm...
I'll let you ponder this. Or just watch this video.

Back to top Go down
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite
Aer Dragneel

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Green and Red?   Pokemon Green and Red? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:39 am

Honestly I believe they changed it because they wanted to keep the longest evolution line a simple 2 evolutions.

1>2>3

the featured has

1>2>3>4
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Green and Red? 2886tsg

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Green and Red?   Pokemon Green and Red? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 am

Its a good theory VF. Its something that may have been changed also.

One thing to think about is if they changed Kangaskan's typing and move sets so we thought it was actually a different pokemon. One thing i can say though VF is that baby pokemon weren't introduced until the second Gen so i don't think it would have been coz the chain has 4 pokemon in it. They would have added a baby kan in the second Gen if this was to be the case. We also have to think that the pokemon games were brought out in 1993 but the anime was aired in Japan before that..... More food for thought ^^
Back to top Go down
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite
Aer Dragneel

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Green and Red?   Pokemon Green and Red? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Princess Aura wrote:
Its a good theory VF. Its something that may have been changed also.

One thing to think about is if they changed Kangaskan's typing and move sets so we thought it was actually a different pokemon. One thing i can say though VF is that baby pokemon weren't introduced until the second Gen so i don't think it would have been coz the chain has 4 pokemon in it. They would have added a baby kan in the second Gen if this was to be the case. We also have to think that the pokemon games were brought out in 1993 but the anime was aired in Japan before that..... More food for thought ^^

Alright. But take into consideration, there was possibly planning before the TV show.

And also consider my previous post. They probably changed it to keep the evolutions short. The only "chained" evolution is eevee which isn't really necessarily "chained"...Chained evolutions hadn't come along yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Green and Red?   Pokemon Green and Red? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Green and Red?
Page 1 of 1