Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for trainers - Pokemon Nation

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Spaming info 2589652645 Welcome to Pokemon Nation! Spaming info 2589652645
Enjoy the site! Very Happy
Februarys Pokemon of the month is
Spaming info 854255221 Squirtle Spaming info 854255221
Make sure to vote for
the next Pokemon of the month!
PN: Poke Rumble Tournament Champion Is.
Poke Rumble Champion Blue!
Congratulation Blue on your win!
Thank you all for participating, Pls join on our next tournament!

Spaming info

Go down 
+3
PokemonNation
Aer Dragneel
Pokeprincess
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin
Pokeprincess

Spaming info 2886tsg

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:33 pm

we have officially had our first spam attack. ive deleted all their posts and deleted and banned their sorry **** if they ever come back i will ban their ip addresses so they will NEVER be able to ruin our site again. as for mods you can delete posts. at the bottom of the page theres a link that says start watching this forum. just click that and it should load a page that says you are now watching this forum. after that you go to the topic and at the bottom of the topic you should see the "mod tools" the X is to delete them ill post a pic of the mod tools in a few. please let me now if you cant get this to work Smile and hopefully this can be fix sooner next time.

ps mods you can look up their ip address but are not able to ban or delete them. in casses like this get their ip address and pm them to me or damian and we will permaban them thank you.
Back to top Go down
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin
Pokeprincess

Spaming info 2886tsg

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Spaming info 2wm02lz
Back to top Go down
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite
Aer Dragneel

Spaming info Hwcms3

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:38 pm

The spammers were from a forum called OTB, or Off Topic Bunker. Hopefully no more spam attacks will occur. I will post a Topic in NEWS if I get wind of an attack.
Back to top Go down

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:41 pm

We need McFarvo

jk, he's too good for this forum
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Spaming info 2886tsg

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:50 am

Hi Pokemon Nation.

I have been informed that people from another forum have been making accounts on Pokemon Nation and spamming. This is due to comments on there forum about our forum. I have taken a few steps to defend the Nation. If anyone sees spam posts please inform either myself, PokePrincess or one of the three admins, Rex, Victory Fiend or Green Charizard. Sadly i cannot cure other peoples stupidity so we will simply have to wait it out.

I understand that some of you may be angry at the spammers, I understand this, but please don't make any attempts to spam there forum, pervoke the spammers or edit there wiki pages. If a Spammer is the that chat box please avoid entering. Lets not give them anything to use as aggro or ammo.

I hope you can all bare with us doing this time. I thank you.

Aurath the Togiking
very happy
Back to top Go down
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin
Pokeprincess

Spaming info 2886tsg

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:52 am

its getting really annoying i was up till 1:30 am last night trying to clean up the mess these guys left! im so tired i can barely stay awake cause of the spammers. we need to figure out a way to get this to stop. i cant stay up late like this again because of them. i have a baby to take care of and here i am trying to protect our site from idiots who this this is funny? its not! they just need to leave us alone and let our site live peacefully.

~ PP Out Spaming info 2551708107
Back to top Go down
icehydros
Amateur
Amateur

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:23 pm

i wish i could help, but i dont know what i can do. im up most of the night every night so im in prime position for whatever needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin
Pokeprincess

Spaming info 2886tsg

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:32 pm

well you could email me or damian to alert us of spam during the night. my pokemon nation email is on the homepage and my profile.
Back to top Go down
N
Elite
Elite
N

Spaming info Hwcms3

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm

As of now tho. both sides are at a cease fire n theres has been no one registerin for a while. Also i just relize i have clones Nex n Dex. i will apply when i make another clone so no one can jump in n say there Rex. This is just for safty reasons.
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Spaming info 2886tsg

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Not true Rex, we had two new spam accounts this morning. I was informed, the site was cleared, the accounts were deleted and we return to normal for the time being. If any more attacks take pleace i will deal with them the same way i did the attacks today.
Back to top Go down
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite
Aer Dragneel

Spaming info Hwcms3

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:56 pm

They spammed...Again? I am sorry I couldn't be on last night. I had to go to sleep. I got in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite
Aer Dragneel

Spaming info Hwcms3

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:58 pm

I am gonna try and figure who on OTB did it. I'll try and watch them better. Although they are sneaky (insert one vowel here and a double s here)es
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Spaming info Hwcms3

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Victory Fiend wrote:
I am gonna try and figure who on OTB did it. I'll try and watch them better. Although they are sneaky (insert one vowel here and a double s here)es

Don't know if this helps or not but I recoginized one of the spam posts from eariler this morning as one of the comments from the wiki article.
Spoiler:

The comment was from Ratiosu according to the article so I can only assume that he is some how involved.
Back to top Go down

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:48 pm

feel free to spy on our glorious forum we love the pageviews

(on that note pl0xx0rz no banz0rs for being a member of the forum in question i had no participation)
Back to top Go down
Kamarada RTCitia
Rookie
Rookie

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Victory Fiend wrote:
I believe it was RD101.
Back to top Go down

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Kamarada RTCitia wrote:
Victory Fiend wrote:
I believe it was RD101.
After the site got spammed, all RD101 did was talk about attacking sites and ****. He's the likeliest suspect.
Back to top Go down
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin
Pokeprincess

Spaming info 2886tsg

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:11 am

dakkadakkadakka wrote:
feel free to spy on our glorious forum we love the pageviews

(on that note pl0xx0rz no banz0rs for being a member of the forum in question i had no participation)

dont worry were only banning the spammers if you dont spam you dont get banned. i dont really care who is doing it as long as they stop. im tired of having 20-30 posts to delete everyday. its really annoying Razz
Back to top Go down
Kamarada RTCitia
Rookie
Rookie

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:48 am

"None of his IPs support the fact"
Just to inform you, there's this amazing thing called a proxy; people tend to use them for spamming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spaming info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spaming info   Spaming info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spaming info
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pokemon Nation :: NEWS-
Jump to: