Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for trainers - Pokemon Nation

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Pokemon Advice 2589652645 Welcome to Pokemon Nation! Pokemon Advice 2589652645
Enjoy the site! Very Happy
Februarys Pokemon of the month is
Pokemon Advice 854255221 Squirtle Pokemon Advice 854255221
Make sure to vote for
the next Pokemon of the month!
PN: Poke Rumble Tournament Champion Is.
Poke Rumble Champion Blue!
Congratulation Blue on your win!
Thank you all for participating, Pls join on our next tournament!

Pokemon Advice

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Pokemon Nation.

Since coming to pokemon nation i have become very intrested in the way in which pokemon work. I have grown as a trainer and have learnt alot. Some of you may have seen this. Others may have felt what my training and set ups can do in battle. I have done alot of research into pokemons. Set ups and the like.
I know i'm not the best and still have a long way to go.

So i have decided to set up this thread. To help you guys and in return maybe get ideas from you.

If Any of you want or need ideas about pokemon moves, teams or anything else related to the games then please feel free to either pm me if you wanna keep it secret or post on this link and i will post you a reply via PM.

I hope lots of you will ask for help if you need.

Lets make PN the most powerful collection of trainers on the planet! X-)

Aurath signing off very happy
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Nice thread Idea I'll be sure to use it next time I have a question.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Ok I've been soft reseting reshiram and got these Iv's 31/23/19/31/10/20 with a Hasty nature (+speed, -def). What do you think keeper or not?
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:45 pm

It depends on your set up GC. What moves do you plan to have? I would say the HP IV is good but the sp defence is really lacking. That with lower defencs is gonna make fora rather flimsy pokemon in terms of battles.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Well I'm kinda going for a mixed attacker

Flame Charge - Boosts speed and does damage
Blue Flare - Powerful Stab
Dragon Pulse - Reliable Stab
Outrage / Focus Blast/???? - Completely open to suggestion on this slot
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Hmmm i would say you want a nature to boost your Attack or sp attack then GC with IV's in speed and Attack or SP attack, the oposite of the natures attack boost. THis is simply because you have a mixture of moves, Flame charge is physical where as Dragon pulse and Blue flare are sp attack. The last slot is an intresting one. Outrage is strong but for long battles the confusion is a massive pain. Focus blast is strong but has bad accuracy so i would say Something else. For instance ran is a sunny day team you could have solor beam, this then covers your weaknesses nicely as rock and ground are weak to grass.
Another path to go would be to use Flamethrower as you get another reliable STAB. I would say be inventive or unpredictable. For instance Extrasensory is a nicly powered Psychic move that some people might not expect.
Back to top Go down

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:43 pm

How 2 become good?

My team sucks. It only just beats everyone at school.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:59 pm

I have decided not to keep the reshiram and to try to get a modest nature with 31 sp.atk ivs. Also going with a different move set (special based not mixed). Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Lol AX that sounds like a great base to start from, With a little polish i bet your team would smash all your friends ^^

GC sounds like a good idea, best to work on one set. Let me know how goes.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Ok so I ran into this new one and it is amazing!

Quiet (+Sp.Atk, -Speed)
30/28/29/28/25/5

I know Reshiram is noramlly a sweeper but do you think it could be a good tank?
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:34 pm

It would mamage a few hits, Its IV's are very good. Its up to you. want to Tank or to sweep? The only down side is that i can't find any support moves that would help Reshiram boost its stats.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:07 pm

I've decided to keep it and to put it on my uber trick room team that I'm currently in the process of building. Thanks for your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:35 pm

What is a good team?

I can't ev train

I don't even know what IV's are

and I'm just so lost.
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Tell you what AX, i'll put a step by step Iv and EV training guide on PN for you. we'll have you a pokemon master in not time
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:33 pm

I need a quick opinion on my darkrai moveset.

Item:Mental Herb
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Dream Eater/Psychic

Mental Herb protects me from taunt so I can to put the pokemon to sleep with dark void and set up with nasty plot. Dark void is for stab.

My real question is Dream Eater or Psychic. With Dream Eater I get a little more power but can only use it while the pokemon is alseep. Psychic is a little less powerful but I can use it whenever I need. I know Dream Eater can heal but I don't plan on letting my darkrai take that much damage.
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:42 pm

If the plan is to put the foe to sleep and power up with nasty plot then dream eater will be pointless as you need access to attacks for your new power, also Darkria has that ability which damages the foe whileits asleep anyways, no sence in having dream eater too. Just be sure to not try your luck to much. Sleep lasts to to five turns and if you go against a pokemon with insomnia Darkria will be usless with dream eater.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Princess Aura wrote:
If the plan is to put the foe to sleep and power up with nasty plot then dream eater will be pointless as you need access to attacks for your new power, also Darkria has that ability which damages the foe whileits asleep anyways, no sence in having dream eater too. Just be sure to not try your luck to much. Sleep lasts to to five turns and if you go against a pokemon with insomnia Darkria will be usless with dream eater.

Didn't think about insomnia. Thanks I'll go with psychic
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:44 am

Hey GC, i've done a little research into Darkrai and found that you will have a flaw with your set up in regards to the types of your moves. You are protected from Psychic moves being dark type but in terms of covering you would stall coming up to a Steel type pokemon so i would say Focus Blast is a good move to have. The only thing is you would have to live with the poor accuracy of only 70% Also having your Darkrai hold a focus sash will prevent it fainting for an extra turn. Darkrai is a very fast very strong sweeper but this leave him weak to attack, his defence are poor and he could be KO'd with a single powerful move. Just a few more ideas for you to chew on ^^
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah I thought about focus blast before the other two and decided that I would rather have the power to knock out fighting type threats and have the accuracy. Steel types might resist me but hopefully the power boost I get from nasty plot will make up for it.

As for item his defenses aren't all that bad compared to other sweepers and with only 11 other Pokemon with potential to out speed darkrai (assuming full iv in speed and speed boosting nature) There is a good possibility he won't be hit at all. Of course there is also the possibility that he won't be taunted so I might change it.

Thanks for all of your help
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Hey I've been having a hard time deciding on the last move for my aerodactyl set.

Here is what I have

Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 ?

Hone Claws - Good boost and only attacking boosting move
Aqua Tail - Good coverage and power
Stone Edge - Good stab
??????????? - Can't decide

I have a few options for the last move here is what I have...

Fire Fang - Good coverage but not all that great power

Iron Tail - Good power but doesn't add any coverage

Earthquake - Good power but only adds poison and electric coverage

Sky Attack - Great power adds fighting and grass to my coverage but I would need it to hold power herb and it would become a time move

taunt - could be useful to have a taunt user that is that quick

roost - Healing is always great but not sure it works with aerodactyl's weaker defenses
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Hmm Well Go on your weaknesses is always best GC...... Now the power sucks thats true, but Fire fang covers you from Ice and Grass types, both strong to your bad typing. It means you have stone edge to stop electrics and fire fang for the rest.... Also if you come to battle a steel you don't have to worry about it walling your moves seeing as they could absorb all your moves easy and super effect you.......
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:14 pm

I guess your right. Thanks for the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Okay designing a drizzle politoed set and can't decide between hypnosis or toxic. The problem I have two possible pokemon that I can run in the rain. Jynx who I plan on using lovely kiss to put pokemon to sleep or tentacruel who I plan on using toxic spikes to poision.
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

Pokemon Advice 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Hmm you will need to decide on which one your running. Hypnosis has ok accuracy where as toxic hits most of the time. Sleep CAN last 5 turns, where as Toxic wears your foe down. Thing is, do you wanna risk sleep? Can you last long enough for Toxic to be effective? You'll wanna staller or tank pokemon to hold out for Toxic to hurt... Hope this helps a little. If you offer more info i can answer a little better ;-)
Full detail set ups maybe? or atleast abilitys?
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice Hwcms3

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Well I don't wana release set ups since someone I battle might read this and I want a little surprise but both pokemon have abilities that heal in the rain so I don't think that helps much. I'm thinking of going with toxic since it has better accuracy and toxic spikes don't work on flying or levitating pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next