Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for trainers - Pokemon Nation

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Pokemon Advice - Page 2 2589652645 Welcome to Pokemon Nation! Pokemon Advice - Page 2 2589652645
Enjoy the site! Very Happy
Februarys Pokemon of the month is
Pokemon Advice - Page 2 854255221 Squirtle Pokemon Advice - Page 2 854255221
Make sure to vote for
the next Pokemon of the month!
PN: Poke Rumble Tournament Champion Is.
Poke Rumble Champion Blue!
Congratulation Blue on your win!
Thank you all for participating, Pls join on our next tournament!

Pokemon Advice

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin
Pokeprincess

Pokemon Advice - Page 2 2886tsg

Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:49 pm

hey damian i need a good setup for victini and keldeo.
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Ok Jessie, I'll do some research and i'll PM your my results.

@GC, I personally feel that Toxic would be a better chose because of hits hit rate, and the fact it gets stronger the longer the foe is in battle ;-)
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Hwcms3

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:45 pm

@PA Alright thanks for the help

@PP I don't know much about keldo but if you want I have a trick room victini set you could look at. (I don't know if your making the victini or using one from a previous event but warning this one has event moves)

Trick Victini
V-Create
Trick Room
Fusion Bolt
Zen Headbutt

V-Create is a powerful stab and lowers your speed and defenses. The more you use v-create the faster you become under trick room. Fusion Bolt gives you some coverage and zen headbutt is another stab without the stat lowering.
Back to top Go down
PokemonNation
Elite
Elite
PokemonNation

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Hmm Very nice GC, But i would run slightly differently....

Run Victini with the following

V-Create - goreat stab 180 base power, run it in a sun team for a really terror.
Fusion Bolt - cover you from water types moves
Brick Break - cover you from rock weakness
U-Turn - like GC said V-Create lowers your stats, so just V then U-turn next turn. YOu can cripple a team without having to much trouble.

Run jolly nature for added speed with 252 in attack and 252 in speed, this will add sweeping power and should give you the speed to U-turn without taking hits. Remember your week to Stealth rocks, so 4 in HP should make your HP odd, meaning you take less damage. Run with a life orb too. Leftovers is good, but you wanna sweep, so hit hard, REALLY hard.... run int he sun ^^
Back to top Go down
Aurath
Admin
Admin
Aurath

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Jess, was the Victini advice any use? Also, do you what me to PM you the other set up or post it here?

^^ I'm getting my own Keldeo this tuesday very happy
Back to top Go down
Pokeprincess
Admin
Admin
Pokeprincess

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:34 pm

i just started setting it up i havent started training. i cant teach it U-Turn though i havent got a TM for it Sad and you can PM or post it either way works i just need a Keldeo setup so i can train it. plus in a few weeks when i get my 3DS XL im gonna make a few of the for a giveaway Smile kind of a welcome me back to the online world Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey you wouldn't happen to know a good drought ninetails set would you? I've looked everywhere and can't find one I particularly like. I would like a more defensive set if possible.
Back to top Go down
Aurath
Admin
Admin
Aurath

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 pm

I have a Ninetails actually ;-)
My set up is as follows

Will-o-wisp - This means i can cute foes attack power and keep Ninetails going for longer.
Solorbeam - Its a powerful move and hey, no charge required.
Nasty Plot - This makes Ninetails scary.
FlameThrower - Accuracy over power
Fire Blast - Power but low accuracy
Overheat - Power but lowers sp attack

Run with Timid or Modest. Timid gives you speed, but Modest is Spattack.

252 SpAttk, 252 Speed, 4SpDef - This means you can sweep.

Life Orb will make sure your hitting HARD! Though left overs might keep you going longer. However the balloon will save you from super effective ground moves.

OK the idea is to try and set up on a physical hitter. Your speed means you can will-o-wisp to cute there attack. The nasty plot. With this your power with your fire move will flatten anything that wont resist it. Flamethrower means you hit, but its not as stong. Fire Blast hits nice but the accuracymight but you off. Overheat kills your spattack power but will kill almost anything. Solorbeam hits water and rocks hard, with your drought you dont have to charge ;-) nommy power.....

Hope this is ok for you GC. lemmie know. ok?
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Hey I was wondering if you could help me out? I finally finished black 2 so I thought I would check out the dream radar and managed to get tornadus-T. Of course I can't soft reset dream world pokemon but I didn't think the one I got was too bad.

Tornadus-T
Impish (+Def,-Sp.atk)
IVs:23/23/18/14/9/13

I was thinking maybe...
Item: Flying Gem
Bulk Up
Acrobatics
U-turn
??????????

Any thoughts on if it has good enough ivs to be used and how else I could use this?
Back to top Go down
Aurath
Admin
Admin
Aurath

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Its got nice HP and Attack.... but its weak defence and speed ev's might not help it. I'll be honset, i know nothing of the new forms of those pokemon, but i think the set up is ok, but Acrobatics isn't a good move, its power is LOWER if the pokemon that uses it is holding an item. I would punt for Speed and Attack EV's and fill the last slot with Heatwave, its ad odd chose, BUT it covers one of your weaknesses. Nothing like a nasty suprise.
I would say that Sky drop for its added effect or fly would be a better move, Simply becase of the power and that fact you wont lose power for holding the flying gem.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Yeah I'm not sure about it's defenses either so I'll think about whether or not I want to put the time in. Just like to say that acrobatics can be a good move especially with the flying gem since it disappears and acrobatics still gets the boost for not holding and item and using the gem. Any ways thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey I was wondering if you could help me decide on the last move for my entei set?

Entei
Flare blitz
Extremespeed
Stone edge
Iron head/ bulldoze

Both iron head and bulldoze help take out rock types. However bulldoze gives me more type coverage while iron head has more power.
Back to top Go down
Aurath
Admin
Admin
Aurath

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi GC. Had a look into Enteis moves...

If i'm honest its more weighing up the added effects of the moves also.... Iron head flinchs, while Bulldoze reduces speed.

I would personally go Bulldoze seeing as, like you said, it offers more type coverage, which can be helpful in battle....

Can I ask what item your gonna use for your Entai? I would recommend maybe a balloon... although seemingly useless, Entai is weak to Earthquake and its the most commonly used move in the pokemon meta game.....

I was unable to find Flare blitz in entais move pool... Although if it can use it, it is a handy move. You could also pump for Flame Fang for the added flinch chance... although your suffer the power loss... Also Flame charge is another viable option as it can raise your speed, which is always nice....
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Flare blitz was an event only move that came with the shiny entei event.

Alright I'll go with bulldoze the reduced speed will probably help.

Didn't think of an item yet though you are probably right thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Ok I was wondering if I could get some advice on a crazy set I am developing. I don't really expect it to work it is more for fun.

Physical Wall Metapod
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Relaxed/Impish
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 4 ?
Iron Defense
Bug bite
Electroweb/String Shot
Tackle

Ok the idea is maybe to get some toxic spikes and stall out the opponent. Iron defense increases metapod's defenses to really high levels. Bug bite is stab while also allowing me to use other people's berrys. Electroweb does some damage and slows down the opponent which is useful for team support if metapod gets knocked out. At the same time I could use string shot so I can slow down ground pokes too. The choice between electroweb and string shot determines the nature relaxed for electroweb and impish for string shot. Tackle is mostly filler.
Back to top Go down
Aurath
Admin
Admin
Aurath

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Evolite increases a pokemons defences by 50%, what would that give Metapod in terms of defence and Sp defence..... thats about 343.... that would make it as bulky as a heatran, IF metapod has the best defence stat it can get..... I think it could work... but really, an effective all needs more defence.... Iron defence would make you much harder to kill meaning you could wall..... I would go string shot over electoweb, as string shot will hit everything but ghost, where as Electro web will miss grounds. Grounds are more common. Bugbites all you can really have as an attack as far as i can see.... Lol tackle will be useless. In terms of sp defence Metapod wouldn't even get into the top 200 pokemon with evolite, meaning you would die if the foe knew even the weakest Sp attack move lol.... a magical sneeze would topple your wall...... Try it GC. it might work out pretty well as long as you keep your sp defence in mind.
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Ill just go full defense investment and instead of tackle ill go with electroweb so I can hit both ground and ghost.
Back to top Go down
Aurath
Admin
Admin
Aurath

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Seems like a plan. Just make sure your sure your foe has no sp attacks otherwise poor metapod will be flat lol. Its a nice idea though Very Happy Kinda like my Psycho shift Sigilyph.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Advice   Pokemon Advice - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Advice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2