Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for trainers - Pokemon Nation

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
IV and IV breeding Guide 2589652645 Welcome to Pokemon Nation! IV and IV breeding Guide 2589652645
Enjoy the site! Very Happy
Februarys Pokemon of the month is
IV and IV breeding Guide 854255221 Squirtle IV and IV breeding Guide 854255221
Make sure to vote for
the next Pokemon of the month!
PN: Poke Rumble Tournament Champion Is.
Poke Rumble Champion Blue!
Congratulation Blue on your win!
Thank you all for participating, Pls join on our next tournament!

IV and IV breeding Guide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

IV and IV breeding Guide Hwcms3

IV and IV breeding Guide Empty
PostSubject: IV and IV breeding Guide   IV and IV breeding Guide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Hey I wrote a guide on Iv's and how to Iv breed so I decided to post it here. If you see any wrong info, see I'm missing something, or have any questions feel free to ask. This guide based on 5th generation and some things about ivs and iv breeding may be different depending on what generation game you are playing.

What are IV's
IVs are numbers 0-31 that determine how well each stat grows. Every pokemon have 6 IV's one for every stat (HP, attack, sp.atk, defense, sp.def, and speed). 0 is the worst growth for a stat and 31 is best growth.

How do I know a Pokemon's IV's
The best way to determine a Pokemon's IVs is to use an IV calculator. I recommend using Serebii's Calculator. Remember in order to use this calculator correctly you must know the pokemon's Evs.

Characteristics can also be used to determine a Pokemon's best IV. A Characteristic is a small phrase seen on a Pokemon's info phrase. An example would be Alert to Sounds. Whatever phrase pops up stands for the pokemon's best IV. However characteristics can stand for mutliple numbers. For example Alert to Sounds could stand for a 31 IV in Speed or it could also stand for a 1 in speed. Click here for a full list.

The Judge in the Battle Subway also helps with IV's. He will give you a phrase that will tell you what your IV's total and will also tell you your best IV. The Battle Subway Judge can say...

The Pokemon is decent = The Pokemon has IV's totaling to somewhere between 0 and 90
The Pokemon is above average = The Pokemon has IV's totaling to somewhere between 91 and 120
The Pokemon is relatively superior = The Pokemon has IV's totaling to somewhere between 121 and 150
The Pokemon is outstanding = The Pokemon has IV's totaling to somewhere between 151 and 186

The Best Stat is ______ it is rather decent = The best stat is a number between 0 and 15
The Best Stat is ______ it is very good = The best stat is a number between 16 and 25
The Best Stat is ______ it is fantastic = The best stat is a number between 26 and 30
The Best Stat is ______ it can't be better = The best stat is 31

When are a Pokemon's IV's generated
As soon as you see the pokemon the IV's are generated. Roaming pokemon will keep there IV's once you see them. You can change these by defeating the pokemon and then beating the elite four. After this the pokemon will regenerate with new IV's. An egg's IV's are not determined until after they hatch. Once generated they CAN NOT be changed.

IV Breeding
When breeding pokemon some IV's are transfered to the baby. 3 iv's are picked randomly from the parents (2 from one parent and 1 from the other) and the other 3 are randomly generated. So if you have parents with good iv's you can stick them in the daycare and hope they transfer the stats that you want. However there is a easier way.

When a parent pokemon has a power item attached (Ex: Power Weight) then it will transfer that stat to the baby. For example lets say I'm breeding a ditto with 31 in HP with a Charmander. If I give ditto the Power Weight then the baby Charmanders will always have 31 iv for HP. However if both parents are holding power items then there will only be a 50% chance of the IV being passed down. For example lets say my Charmander from earlier had a perfect speed stat and I gave it the power anklet. Then the baby charmanders have a 50% chance to have perfect HP, a 50% chance to have speed, and (didn't check the math on this part) a 25% chance to get both.

Hidden Power
IV's also determines a Pokemon's hidden power typing and power. This is by using a formula that you can look up online because to tell you the truth I really have never tried to breed for a hidden power on a pokemon. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Aer Dragneel
Elite
Elite
Aer Dragneel

PostSubject: Re: IV and IV breeding Guide   IV and IV breeding Guide Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 3:26 am

I love you for this
Back to top Go down
dialga0009
Expert
Expert
dialga0009

PostSubject: Re: IV and IV breeding Guide   IV and IV breeding Guide Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:02 am

Already been trying a few things. This has helped me immensely GC. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Green Charizard
Elite
Elite
Green Charizard

PostSubject: Re: IV and IV breeding Guide   IV and IV breeding Guide Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:27 pm

No prob Wink
Back to top Go down
Green
Expert
Expert
Green

PostSubject: Re: IV and IV breeding Guide   IV and IV breeding Guide Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Good Post GC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IV and IV breeding Guide   IV and IV breeding Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IV and IV breeding Guide
Page 1 of 1